Ayurvedic Skincare: Tips to Maintain and Improve!
Category : Research
The skin is the most external organ of the human body, the largest, which is in contact with the external world. The skin goes through every hardness that the world puts on her. Therefore, maintaining healthy skin is important and professionals widely suggest a holistic approach. Through Ayurveda, detoxifying and defects can help to correct the imbalance. Each skin is different from each other and to identify which skin or hair care products and remedies suit your skin problems. In this blog, we have discussed the tips on how to take care of the skin.
Ayurveda for skin care:
Since ancient times, people have been using Ayurvedic products to improve the overall health of their skin. Ayurveda and natural products ensure that the blemishes are balanced on the inside and the outside, so that the effects will be long lasting without reddening the skin. Well known Ayurvedic herbs, which are readily available and most useful for maintaining skin components.
Here are some well known Ayurvedic herbs that help to ensure skin care:
- Aloe vera helps to get rid of skin problems and improve skin health. It has cooling properties.
- Sandalwood or sandalwood is used to make soap. It helps to keep the skin hydrated and soft. It helps to reduce inflammation.
- Neem is an antibiotic and helps manage various skin conditions. It works deeply on skin tissues and helps improve skin health. This helps in opening the closed pores of the skin.
- Manjistha or Indian Madar is a blood purifier which helps in rejuvenating the skin. This keeps the skin young and improves skin health.
- Basil or holy basil is anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory. It helps in managing the condition of the skin. It is rich in antioxidants which helps your skin to look younger.
How can I get clear skin with Ayurveda ?
Whether you want to get rid of pimples and dark spots or retain your youthful glow and smooth texture, Ayurvedic remedies can help you achieve your skincare goals. The first step is to exfoliate your skin using a lemon sugar scrub once every two weeks to remove dead skin. If your skin is dry, use honey to moisturize your skin after exfoliation. In addition, depending on your skin type and what kind of results you want to achieve, Ayurveda recommends doing different skincare routines daily or alternate days.
- Apply turmeric paste on the face to reduce pigmentation.
- Use a saffron-honey face mask to brighten the skin.
- Rejuvenate your skin with safflower oil.
- Balance skin tone with rose water.
- Use sandalwood to soothe your skin.